Brian Denham, NetSuite Optimization and Implementation
Selecting the right Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) solution for your business may seem like a daunting task, even if you’ve been through it in the past. Let’s face it, you’re an expert in your field and you know your business. But understanding the many facets and opportunities presented by an ERP isn’t your area of expertise. That’s where working with an expert will help save time, money, and headaches. A qualified ERP expert will be able to assist you with understanding NetSuite’s many features and benefits. To begin, ask yourself the following questions to understand how NetSuite can benefit your business:
- Does the system support current and future business needs? If you’re looking for an ERP system, then it’s safe to assume that your current systems no longer support your company’s goals and objectives. Understanding what your business needs, both short and long term, is a critical step in the ERP selection process. Taking the time to understand current challenges and future needs will go a long way to ensure you choose the right software solution.
- What is the expected implementation time? The faster the implementation time, the sooner you can begin to benefit from your new system. NetSuite has evolved rapidly in the past year and continues to add features regularly. But implementation is only the beginning. You should work with your ERP partner to create a project plan addressing everything from training to data migration, testing, and deployment. Ask for time and expense estimates and consider these carefully.
- What are the total costs for implementation and ownership? You need to understand everything from upfront costs to maintaining the system to business impact — such as employee time away from their regular duties during the implementation and training phase — to ensure that you have the necessary resources to achieve success.
- Is the ERP solution you’re considering industry-specific? In the past, ERP systems began with a blank page and needed to be built from the ground up. NetSuite is different in that it offers out-of-the-box functionality for many different industries with SuiteSuccess. This allows for a rapid implementation and early ROI because the foundation is already developed and ready for deployment.
- Does the solution have the ability to evolve over time to meet future needs?Some ERP systems are very limited in this capacity. NetSuite is upgraded and improved twice a year. Regularly reviewing upgraded features to identify improvement opportunities is a huge advantage to utilizing this system. Furthermore, NetSuite is easily customizable.
From the very beginning, it is crucial that you understand how the ERP solution you choose will work for your business. Exploring the functionality of NetSuite is simple. Centium Consulting can provide short videos specific to various functional areas to illustrate the benefits of the system to your organization. We help you understand how the system will meet your critical business needs.
Selecting the right software solution is only the first step. Selecting the right expert consultant to work with is the second. These tasks go hand in hand. The right expert will reduce your overall cost by walking you through the process step by step. They will assist you in thoroughly completing all project phases, preventing you from making costly errors that could negatively affect your business for years to come.